The Divine Language

interpreted and developed by t. leah fehr

Forum

Forum Home > The Divine Language > An own font

Setahr

Hey everyone! Ever thought about a special font for the divine language? For my own work I used a coptic one and I think it fits nice. But I think its no easy decision as there are no signs of letters or stuff like that in the inner temple. But Leeloo was able to read the latin letters and the oldest form of em may be the coptic ones. But thats just a guess.

April 4, 2010 at 9:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

T. Leah Fehr
Site Owner

Hi Setahr!

A new font for the DL is definitely something I've considered, but hadn't had a chance to put a whole lot of thought into.  I'd be curious to see the font you've used - are you able to post an example of it?  I've always felt that the use of the English alphabet for the DL just wasn't right, but coming up with a new set of letters/symbols would be a whole new project, and another huge project, at that.  My fascination with the Divine Language has not diminished, but the time I have to focus on it, unfortunately, has.  Alas, developing a fictitious language doesn't pay the bills.  LOL!  But I'd be very interested in seeing the 'coptic' font you've mentioned.  If you can't post an example of it, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] anytime.  I'd love to hear from you.  :)

Pan ekbat,

T.

April 16, 2010 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

Tobi if you get his sample create a way so we can see it too. :D 

--

April 29, 2010 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Setahr

I have a PDF of my work for the "Aqaa" (an elaboration of the Fifth Elements sequel). Dont mind if you dont understand it, its in german lol But i am on it to translate it in English. Leah, I sent you a sample. Only the first page is written in the coptic letters.

But yeah I know what you mean. It takes a lot of time and as a consultant working from 8 to 20 I also have not much time. But how is the saying? Dont fear making smal steps, fear standing still ...well kind of lol

April 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Setahr

Setahr at April 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM

I have a PDF of my work for the "Aqaa" (an elaboration of the Fifth Elements sequel). Dont mind if you dont understand it, its in german lol But i am on it to translate it in English. Leah, I sent you a sample. Only the first page is written in the coptic letters.

But yeah I know what you mean. It takes a lot of time and as a consultant working from 8 to 20 I also have not much time. But how is the saying? Dont fear making smal steps, fear standing still ...well kind of lol

I ment hymn not sequel, sorry!

May 1, 2010 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

Ooo, I want to see an image of it.

--

May 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.