The Divine Language

interpreted and developed by t. leah fehr

Forum

Forum Home > The Fifth Element > Storyline Mistakes

DivineLeeloo

I wanted to add these since Danny and I have been talking about it in the chatbox (perhaps a month ago) about some mistakes.

For example if General Munro told Korben, out of all the members in your unite; you're the only left alive.

However, Finger mentioned that HE has been on a thousand missions with Korben though according to the beginning after he talks on the phone after waking up from his nightmare.

If you have found any other storyline mistake please share them with us!

May 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

T. Leah Fehr
Site Owner

Finger may have been on a thousand missions with Korben, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was in Korben's unit... for all we know, Finger held the same rank as Korben and had his own unit.  ??  Possibly a storyline mistake, but it might not be.  :tongue:

Interesting topic, though - I hope some other members sign up and contribute! 

Thanks!

T.

May 20, 2009 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

I forgot to add in there that Finger said, "Oh I love you too Major, but you haven't called me back since basic training."

I wonder if that is also an indication for their connection in the military even if he was joking about his comment not really representing that they've known each other since then.

May 21, 2009 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kadajiroth

I've always thought of that, too. There's still a possibility that they weren't in the same unit, but it could also be a storyline mistake.

May 21, 2009 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

There was alot that Luc agreed to since he stated that he trusted the people helping with the film to make the decisions.

He only takes credit (so to speak) for the story in which he created on his own. So he cannot be blamed for everything (any mistakein the film.

May 21, 2009 at 2:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

T. Leah Fehr
Site Owner

It's not so much a mistake in the film, but something that was never properly explained... I've often wondered what the heck that brownish gunk is that dripped down the forehead of Staedert and Zorg when they were both in immediate contact with Mr. Shadow and/or the dark planet.  I've searched online and found several theories, most of which are that it's blood or some kind of physical manifestation of the evil present.  I personally am leaning toward it being venous blood, which can be that brownish color, and that it is actually extracted from the head because of the extreme evil and stress of being in that close proximity to Mr. Shadow and/or the dark planet.  BUT, what totally throws me off is when they show it on Zorg's forehead, and the scene pans back from him, we see that it's actually dripped on TOP of his clear plastic helmet thing on his head, rather than having come from beneath it, which is what I expected.  (it actually looks just like brown hair-dye to me, but that makes even less sense!! - LOL!).

Any thoughts or theories?

T.

May 21, 2009 at 2:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

I wonder about that also, Tibukharon. I understand where you are coming from and I think that fact that it was dripped onto his plastic head-fashion piece was only a production error.  I also always thought it was oil since the planet was fiery and both people (Staedert & Zorgwere killed by fire. It could be symbolic to something in the bible about something similar to the mark of the beast, as it says they are marked on the forehead.

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2007/20070129.htm

"And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication. And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name" (Revelation 14:9-11 KJV)

I'm not sure if this will mean much of anything but you never know. I think Tibu's theory is better, since both men were focussed on war.

May 21, 2009 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danny11

since i have watched 5th elemet alot of times i have discovered alot of errors when zorg first walks (his employee asks him 2 fire 500,000) his first 3 steps are with his right foot making a noise like that is a bad leg but when the camera angle change it becomes his left leg that is bad

June 7, 2009 at 6:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danny11

another i have discovered when the 2 mangulors (not spelt correctly) go 2 the check im desk the male speaks as though he is alien when the lady speaks she speaks as if human but she is a alien so if she could speak like a human why couldnt the male???

June 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

T. Leah Fehr
Site Owner

I always just kind of assumed that shape-shifting must take some kind of skill, especially since not all of them seem to do it - Aknot being the one that does it the most, of course.  If it was easy to do, then wouldn't all of them constantly be moving around earth in human form, raising hell?  So in that scene, I just figured that particular Mangalore was just really shitty at shape-shifting and the other one (the woman) was better and trying to cover for him.  Did you know that the woman who played that role (the bald chick) is a supermodel from Canada?  ;)

Thanks for the post! 

T.

June 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Danny11

i suppose that shape-shifting must be a skill that is learnt between the mangalores but then you would have to think if the male was not good at shape-shifting why bother to use him???, anyway i also have something that needs clarifying, when korben has defeated the mangalores at floston when ruby is saying "ladies and gentlemen miss ruby rhod is still alive..." if you look in the background you will see vito cornelious talking with korben, then it will show vito walking over to korben saying "wow imitates gun shot" like he was never talking to him but he was just a second ago.

June 12, 2009 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

I agree Tobi! Plus I thought the guy, Aknot and her newly elected man (I'm no sure how to spell his name. Arkinit?) in charge of the Floston mission was handsome for a black ( I really hate using black or colored  to refer to people with a dark complexion.) man.

September 18, 2009 at 10:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Setahr

Hi everyone! I am new and this is my first post but I am thankfull for a forum like that!

With all the goofs... I think of them not as errors or mistakes like reallity has no errors or mistakes just phenomena with a special cause. Like Leeloo throwing the chest spining forward and then backwards or vito who takes the water element as the fire element.  If you dont take it as a movie where mistakes happen, but as real then there must be a fitting explanation =)

May be those errors are just erros as we lack of a little fantasy^^

April 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

Yeah, I know Setahr. I just watch the movie but the area that bugs me is what Milla was actually saying while speaking in Leeloo's dialog. I wish that was translated for us in a new addition version DVD or something because it doesn't matter how much we try to disect the language and analyze it, Milla was the one who put together her dialog for her character.

April 29, 2010 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Setahr

Setahr at April 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Hi everyone! I am new and this is my first post but I am thankfull for a forum like that!

With all the goofs... I think of them not as errors or mistakes like reallity has no errors or mistakes just phenomena with a special cause. Like Leeloo throwing the chest spining forward and then backwards or vito who takes the water element as the fire element.  If you dont take it as a movie where mistakes happen, but as real then there must be a fitting explanation =)

Yeah, a pitty. I asked Milla if she still has the dictionary. She said no and was very sorry. She would love to still have it. Well but I think it doesnt matter that much as your version will be the close-to-perfect one till the real one shows up.

April 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

Setahr at April 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Setahr at April 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Yeah, a pitty. I asked Milla if she still has the dictionary. She said no and was very sorry. She would love to still have it. Well but I think it doesnt matter that much as your version will be the close-to-perfect one till the real one shows up.

You should send her the dictionary that was published in Luc Besson's book The Story of the Fifth Element. Maybe it will help her remember. I have the original dictionary for it.

--

May 3, 2010 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Setahr

The smal one in "The Story of the Fifth Element" could be downloaded vereywhere and you wont remember another 400 words. Well, as Milla has not much time I would ask Gaumont. They or Europa Corp. have the full rights of the Fifth Element which includes the dictionary. So they mu5t have a version.

May 8, 2010 at 6:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

DivineLeeloo

Where can I download that? I have a dictionary but it's no where near being 400 words.

--

May 17, 2010 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.